Slovenian technical approval (STA) can be granted upon the application of a manufacturer who wishes to place a construction product on the market in the Republic of Slovenia, which is not included in any harmonized technical specification according to paragraph 2(10) Regulation 305/2011/EU and is based on investigations, tests or assessments by reference to the relevant basic requirements for construction works listed in Annex I to Regulation 305/2011/EU.
Igmat was named, on the basis of a decision made by the Ministry RS of the Economy, as a Body for Technical Approvals, with the power to grant, modify, extend and terminate Slovenian Technical Approvals (STS) pursuant to Article 9 of the Construction Products Act (ZGPro-1), for construction products under following decisions of the European Commission:
- Decision : 97/464/EC - Waste Water Engineering products,
- Decision : 99/472/EC - Pipes, tanks and ancillaries not in contact with water intended for human consumption,
- Decision : 97/740/EC - Masonry and related products,
- Decision : 99/94/EC - Precast normal/lightweight/autoclaved aerated concrete products,
- Decision : 98/214/EC - Structural metallic products and ancillaries,
- Decision : 98/436/EC - Roof coverings, rooflights, roof windows and ancillary products,
- Decision : 99/91/EC - Thermal insulating products,
- Decision : 99/469/EC - Products related to concrete, mortar and grout,
- Decision : 97/597/EC - Reinforcing and prestressing steel for concrete.